Former Sheboygan Mayor Ryan pleads not guilty to sexual assault | News
SHEBOYGAN — Former Sheboygan Mayor Bob Ryan pleaded not guilty Monday, May 7th to sexual assault charges.
Ryan’s initial hearing was held in Sheboygan County Court Monday.
Ryan is accused of inappropriately touching a woman at an Elkhart Lake bar last July.
The woman says she was at a resort in Elkhart Lake when she felt two hands from behind touch her stomach, and then grope her breasts.
Ryan has denied any wrongdoing.
If found guilty, Ryan could face up to 18 months in prison.
Ryan lost his position as mayor of Sheboygan in a recall election earlier this year.
Top Sheboygan Stories
Upcoming Events near Sheboygan
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Northpoint Custard Stand gets a new look for a good cause
- Inmate that escaped from correctional officer captured
- Urban farming expert promotes sustainable food systems
- Firefighters battle 2-alarm apartment fire on Milwaukee’s east side
- Wisconsin Humane Society, Milwaukee Area Domestic Animal Control announce joint foster program